Thursday, January 5, 2012

Gwen Verino, A review in A minor


                Out on another of my walkabouts, trying to find something to spark my interest and help the ink flow from my pen I stumbled across Gwen and her husband to be in real life Ze Verino. A hopeless romantic is what I will always be, so with this article I am going to embrace that.

                Looking through the daily event's I saw a posting for a live act. I tend to try and catch those when I can, and even though I hadn't heard of the artist before I decided to pop in. As I slowly rezzed I was able to see Palazzo Celesiale slowly coalesce around me. As the world sharpened into view, I was immediately intrigued by the stone work textures used. A roman feel, with touches of color to accent the warmth of the stone.
                I hadn't heard anything yet, the sound was having issues in the zone so I satisfied myself by looking around. A crackle... and then a laugh breaks the silence. Our artist has finally found her voice and what a lovely one it is. "I am so sorry everyone, technical issues *nervous laughter*" Gwen says.

                Technical issues happen to the best of us, as I tell her. Being a stage performer as well I can respect the grace with which she handles the problem. Entertaining her guests as she diligently works to correct the issue. Never a drop in her conversation, or humor as she struggles to repair her show, to save her voice in order to share it with all of us.

                I am drawn to performers who truly love their craft. It's not just a living, its a need... a drive that you can't walk away from. You can tell from how they handle their show, how they control their stage just how much they really want to be there. This young lady, had caught my attention in a big way. Finally, something to write about.

                I read through her profile, and the first thing to jump out at me is she is partnered. I chuckle, more than a bit jaded about Second Life romance and I keep reading. I see that they are a real couple, able to hold each other in the real world. Able to truly share their lives. A love they found, in this world. Now more intrigued then ever, I begin to wonder if I have found a couple able to help me, save others.

                Here for a show, but what I find is a shining example of just what Second Life is capable of creating. Sure there is a lot of heartache here. There is a lot of pain to be had, a lot of users and perverts around every corner but that isn't the end of our world. It is only a footnote.

                This is the true story of Second Life. It is love, finding your passion in whatever form it takes and if you are very lucky, finding someone to share it with.

May my words touch your heart, and your day be a beautiful one.

Artis

No comments:

Post a Comment