Thursday, January 5, 2012

Redgrave's David - A review


                One of the truly great things about Second Life is that you have the chance to remake yourself as often as you like. If you don't like your chin, or you feel a little chunky it's a simple fix. In fact to coin a phrase "There's a shape for that".

                I have been many things in my SL lifetime's. A man, A woman, A furry, even at one point a rock for a week due to a bet with my wife. There is this search for all of us to find that one AV that speaks to us.

                In this review, I am going to tell you about the David. The fact that it is named after a famous work of art seems ironic since this av is a work of art in its own right.

                A trim, tall athletic form is the best way to describe this AV. I was told that this av is based on David Beckham but as I am not huge on sports I would be hard pressed to verify that. If you were to ask me if the av captured the spirit of a gladiator, an athlete I would give you a resounding yes.

                Between my Vista Animations Urban Male AO, and the frame of this male model I exude a sense of control, of being a protector. A comforting, sure presence that is sure to entice and put at ease at the same time at least in my opinion.

                The skin set that comes with this AV is amazing in its detail. Tiny crow's feet at the eyes, my afternoon shadow beard and even the shoulder blades are all well defined. In a virtual world full of body builders it feels good to just look healthy and natural. This form is as close to real as I want to get. It's me in my prime 10-15 years ago. It is like taking a step back in time and giving me one more way to show people who I really am.

                As a rule, being a male in Second Life has major drawbacks in the shopping department. We aren't the target market and we realize it. With this AV, and her many others Emilia Redgrave has proven that designers in SL do have a place in their heart for we poor men who want to glow at least half as brightly as our female counterparts. With a large amount of pride I wear this shape and skin knowing that I have found a work of art in the David that suits who I see myself as.

                You would be doing yourself a disservice if you did not take a look around Redgrave and see if one of her many other amazing AV doesn't call out to you. Her attention to aesthetic and detail are second to none. For now I leave you with this parting thought, If you can be anyone you wish... why not choose to be you at your very best not just in form but in spirit.

Artis



No comments:

Post a Comment